is the Principal and Chief Visionary Architect of Lain Consulting LLC, an award-winning, full-service consulting firm specializing in diversity certification support services and supplier growth planning for Minority-owned, Woman-owned, Small Business Enterprises (MWSBE) and Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE). The company also provides consulting and program development for government agencies for DBE and MWSBE Supportive Services to increase utilization of and spending among certified firms in government contracting. Since 2012, LaPronda has been responsible for the successful procurement of $2.1 million in grants and contracts from public and private foundations, local and state government for local and regional clients as well as Lain Consulting.
is certified as a Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) with the Small Business Administration (SBA); Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) with the NC Department of Transportation (DOT); Minority-Owned Business Enterprise (MBE) with the City of Charlotte and Mecklenburg County; A Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) with the Statewide Uniform Certification Program of NC; a Small Professional Services Firm (SPSF) with the NC DOT; and a Section 3 Business Concern with the Charlotte Housing Authority. Lain Consulting is also listed as a federal contracting consultant with the Small Business and Technology Development Center (SBTDC).
Notable accomplishments of the company include successful contracts with:
• The City of Charlotte’s Water Department to provide Minority-Owned, Women-Owned and Small Business Enterprise (MWSBE) Supportive Services (2018)
• The NC Department of Transportation’s Office of Civil Rights to provide Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Certification Application Case Reviews and Site Visits (2017)
• The City of Ashville’s Community & Economic Development Department to provide information and engagement services for its MWBE Disparity Study (2017)
• The City of Charlotte’s Business INClusion Program to provide information and engagement services for its MWBE Disparity Study (2016)
• The City of Charlotte’s Area Transit System (CATS) to manage the Grants Selection Process for Job Access and Reverse Commute (JARC) and New Freedom Funds (2013)
We’re creating “Lains” to success; linking buyers and certified suppliers.
For more information, please call us at 704-966-7622 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To schedule an appointment online, go to www.lainconsultingllc.com.